Buddies play a key role for members to provide support and guidance through the speaking journey at the club. Besides offering their knowledge, experience and expertise, they build rapport with assigned members to understand their goals and learn things new.
Once a member has settled into the club, they can become a buddy to another member. This means they will be in regular contact to assist the other member with their speaking journey. They can provide feedback on writing and delivering speeches, or give support and encouragement on their buddy’s education.
A good Buddy will:
- Provide in-depth feedback in a constructive/positive way
- Encourage the member to step out of their comfort zone and keep developing
If you have a Buddy assigned to you:
- Be sure to seek them out in or outside club meetings
- Be open to receiving feedback
- Communicate with their Buddy when they need support