The Treasurer looks after the club’s funds, by keeping full records of financial transactions and paying all of the club’s expenses (room hire, membership etc.), whilst ensuring the club stays financially secure.
The Treasurer is one of the three roles that every club committee must fill. It’s vital that the club is a responsible steward of member dues, and stays financially viable. A capable Treasurer will:
- Work with the VPM to pay forward any new members
- Monitor the bank statements of the club
- Work with the President during the six-monthly renewal periods
- Keep the accounts spreadsheet up-to-date
- Provide monthly updates on club finances at the committee meetings